Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Piff's What Ifs? 4- Donkey Konga 4: DK DJ


+





This is gonna be a real quick one but I had to write this down somewhere. Probably typos. Donkey Kong, Mario's gorilla rival, is my favorite Nintendo character. While the fact that I, an African-American, respond the best to a gorilla can be read in some bad ways, his platformers on the SNES, N64 and Gamecube were so good that I didn't even bother to think about racial stereotypes from Japan.



If they were to make an original DK game for the Wii, they should make it a Prince of Persia style of acrobatic platformer called Donkey King Kong or a cocunut gun first person zombie shooter called L4DK. However, with the release of Activision's DJ Hero that I am totally psyched for, it got me to thinking that perhaps a sequel to DOnkey Konga could work like this

Imagine, DOnkey Konga 4: DK DJ. Using barrel shaped turn tables, you spin the 1's and 2's at the hottest Nintendo clubs. Like Donkey Konga, you can play mash-ups of select license an dpublic domain music but also you have exclusive mash-ups based on Nintendo songs. Punch-out Theme vs PokeRap, Zelda Theme vs Kirby right Back at ya, hell even throw in Sonic Boom vs any song from Mario Galaxy. This could be what Nintendo needs to re-enter the lucrative music game genre


also, Doc Louis's Punch-Out is pretty good

2 comments:

TheAssailant said...

This post made me lol so hard.

Reminds me of this old old old powerpoint I once had for fake video game ads. Maybe I should post them...

Anonymous said...

pretty cool post, will share your blog and subscribe to feed piff