Tuesday, September 20, 2011

[Insert Video Here]

Hey guys, just thought I'd give you all a quick update. I was going to upload a video I did about the Gears of War 3 launch (it's a short, stupid video about nothing to be honest) but it appears that YouTube hates my Internet connection. I've tried 3 times to upload the video and then it just stalls and craps out. This reminded about how last year I was trying to upload a video in the Summer of some Halo 3 gameplay I did. I spent 4 days trying to upload it before eventually giving up out of frustration.

Now, I did call my ISP (I'm not going to name any names, even though they don't deserve my nice treatment) about 2 weeks ago and asked them to upgrade my DSL speed from 768 kbps to 3 Mbps (keep in mind I have a friend who lives a couple streets North of me getting 7 Mbps, and another friend who lives a couple streets to the Southeast of me, getting 5 Mbps). The sales rep (read: jack off) I spoke with said it was perfectly possible and told me it would be done by that Friday.

Saturday morning I get an automated call from my ISP stating that my upgrade was complete. I rebooted EVERYTHING. I got excited because now I could finally do something on YouTube. But no, I was just bumped to 1 Mbps. I spent 2 hours on the phone with my ISP trying to figure out what the flip was going on with my connection. As a kind lady (read: total bitch) told me, my "house is too far from the central office." Now, recall the statement I made earlier about my friends and their speed. I live in-between them. My town is a beach town. There's no possible way I could be any further from the central office than either of them. My atrocious speed is unwarranted and now I clearly saw these people were just beating around the bush, trying to push the blame on me/my family for living where we live.

Actually, I have no idea where I was going with this....

Anyway, just pretend there's a video embedded here, and until I get this figured out, you'll have to keep pretending. Sorry.



Fucking Verizon....

No comments: